Berlin-based Manifest Audio has updated their free Mod Squad pack to include 15 Max for Live modulation devices.
Designed to inspire new workflows in the studio and beyond by creating intricate, dynamic relationships between otherwise separate elements, Manifest Audio has offered a powerful suite of unique, free modulators for Live 10 Suite or higher.
Expanding the capabilities of your favourite instruments and effects, Mod Squad allows you to automate dub-style effects at randomized intervals, control parameters via MIDI note or detected audio pitch, deploy tuned audio-rate LFO control, quantize macro dials for ladder-style manipulation, explore controlled chaos via Sample & Hold, and much more.
With v2.1, note-off, as well as note-on triggers, are now available for applicable MIDI modulators. It also brings an innovative new interval timing control option for trigger-based devices, in order to induce new modulation values with, say, every second, third, fifth, or even 25th MIDI (or audio) trigger, rather than only with every single trigger that comes in by default.
As with the original release, all Mod Squad devices use the same eight-parameter mapping convention as Live’s included LFO modulator: output values can be mapped to up to eight eligible parameters on any device throughout a Live set. With each mapping independently constrainable to its own range, you can easily access simultaneous control of multiple sonic dimensions throughout a project. So what exactly comes included?
6 x MIDI Effects
- MIDI ADSRx – probabilistically trigger optionally BPM-synchronized ADSR envelopes with numerous advanced modes
- MIDI Autodubber – probabilistically generate maximum value spikes with note triggers at specified intervals within specified ranges for designated periods while otherwise residing at a minimum value
- MIDI Key Tracker – probabilistically generate modulation values from incoming MIDI note pitch, velocity, velocity with gate returning to minimum, or gate only, with optional intervals and delay
- MIDI LFOx – probabilistically generate advanced, flexibly synchronized LFO curves with optional cycle reset triggered via incoming MIDI or specified in bars, along with audio-rate MIDI pitch-controlled LFO rate option constrainable to Global Hub key and scale, with depth optionally controlled by pitch or velocity
- MIDI S&H – probabilistically generate random values with note on or off triggers at optionally specified intervals
- MIDI X-Control – a macro knob optionally quantized to incoming MIDI note on or note off messages within constrainable ranges
9 x Audio Effects
- Audio S&H – probabilistically generate random values when incoming signal exceeds a specified threshold at optionally specified intervals
- Audiodubber – probabilistically generate maximum value spikes when incoming signal exceeds a specified threshold at optionally specified intervals for designated periods while otherwise residing at a minimum value
- Autodubber – probabilistically generate maximum value spikes at optionally specified intervals for designated periods while otherwise residing at a minimum value
- Follower – envelope follower with BPM-synchronized base rate and multiplier delay time
- Gain Tracker – amplitude-based audio-rate modulation
- LFOx – probabilistically generate advanced, flexible base rate multiplied, BPM-synchronized LFO curves with optional cycle reset in bars, and audio-rate pitch-based rate controlled via dial constrainable to Global Hub key and scale
- Manual S&H – probabilistically generate random values when a MIDI-mappable, automation-eligible button is clicked
- Pitch Tracker – generate modulation values from the detected frequency of incoming signal, with optional delay
- X-Control – a macro knob optionally quantized to a variety of synchronized rates for ladder-style parameter changes
2 x Audio Effect Racks
- X-Control 8 – control up to 64 parameters anywhere in your set, including on the Master track, via eight rack macros, each mapped to eight corresponding unmapped X-Control instances.
- X-Control 4 – control up to 32 parameters anywhere in your set, including on the Master track, via four rack macros, each mapped to four corresponding unmapped X-Control instances, with the other four rack macros assigned to Rate, Multiplier, Jitter, and Smoothing for all four X-Controls contained within.
All devices are optimized for Push with full Info View annotations. Manifest Audio is running a summer sale until 11 August 2022, so be sure to grab their other creative Max for Live devices such as Pattern Engine, Pulse Engine, Octopulse, and Chance Engine with a heavy discount.
Requires Live 10.1 Suite or higher running Max 8.1 or above on Mac or PC.