Spitfire Audio, the British audio software company, has announced a new acoustic guitar toolkit made in partnership with Fink.
Not content with developing incredible sounding string libraries, Spitfire is now turning its attention to six strings as well. Having amassed over ten million downloads of their Lab series, the company has a large number of users to please and broadening the sound is one way to do this. Recorded at the renowned Jazzanova Recording Studios in Berlin, and performed by Fink, this Signature series line is out today. Here’s one six string that ain’t going to collect dust in the corner of the studio.
Fink Signatures Walkthrough Video
Signatures is a sample library that has three distinctive acoustic guitars. As can be expected with Spitifire’s dedication to quality, the recordings are expertly recorded.
There is a wide range of sounds to choose from too from delicate to punchy, including pulled, plucked, muted and thumbed one-shots, pristine harmonics and strumming patterns.
Going deeper, these sounds are embellished with percussive tempo-synced loops and hits, vocals, and versatile pads all guitar-based.
Continuing their process of collaborating with an artist, Spitfire teamed up with Fink, best known as a Ninja Tune recording artist and guitarist.
A range of techniques, performed on three guitars with varying tones:
- Brady (11)
- Festy (13)
- Orwell (14)
- Percussion (7) Tempo-synced, percussive loops played on the Brady, Festy, and Orwell, as well as percussive hits on different guitar cases and foot-stomps
- Voices (6) Fink singing a mixture of longs and swelling aahs, mmms, and oohs
- Pads (3) An electric piano pad, harmonic pad (guitar harmonics fed through the Spitfire Audio granular machine), and sustained strings pad
- Start Point
- String Squeak FX
- Dynamics slider allows you to fade from a close mic mix into a re-amped signal, using Fink’s signature vintage amp
- Start Point cuts further into the note to create pad-like sounds
- String Squeak FX controls the volume of the string ‘squeak’ noise that plays on note release
- Total size 9.5GB
Fink Signatures is available now for £49 / $49 / €49. Find out more on the Spitfire website.