Published by Velocity Press, Shawn Reynaldo’s new book takes a critical look at contemporary electronic music culture during times of profound transformation.
Author, editor and First Floor newsletter boss, Shawn Reynaldo, is releasing a new book ‘First Floor Volume 1’.
As the industry continues to evolve and react to forces internally and externally, Reynaldo’s taking a hard
look at the genre’s futurist ethos, questioning the practices of the modern music press or mapping out what motivates dance music’s newest generation.
Reynaldo applies an undeniably critical lens, but his words are informed by decades of experience. The Barcelona-based writer was formerly an editor at RBMA and XLR8R and has also contributed to Pitchfork, NPR, SPIN, Resident Advisor and DJ Mag.
To support the launch, Reynaldo is doing a book tour across the UK and Europe. They’re free to attend:
- 25 June: Cafe OTO, London – hosted by patten
- 27 June: Dareshack, Bristol – hosted by Bruce
- 28 June: University Chapel, Glasgow – hosted by Andrew Thomson
- 29 June: O! Peste Destroyed, Manchester – hosted by John Howes
- 30 June: De School, Amsterdam – hosted by Oberman
- 2 July: Bar Neiro, Berlin – hosted by Matrixxman
- 4 July: Llibreria Finestres, Barcelona – hosted by John Talabot
‘First Floor Volume 1’ will be on sale via Velocity Press from July 7th.
Available at £14.99 (paperback) or £9.99 (ebook).
Follow Attack Magazine
Want to support us?
The Secrets of Dance Music Production
The world-leading book on dance music production. Comes with samples too.
Make Your Music Make Money
The ultimate guide to making the music industry work for you.
Replicants – Elektron Analog Rytm Sample Pack
Electro sounds for the Elektron Analog Rytm. Free your spirit.
The Producer’s Manual
Everything you need to take a mix, from initial recording to final master.
Prism – Digitone Sample Pack
Electronic sounds for the Elektron Digitone.