Danish audio company AIAIAI has announced UNIT-4, the world’s first professional wireless studio monitors.
Featuring ultra-low latency wireless audio paired with 20+ hours of battery playback time, UNIT-4 takes studio production into uncharted territory.
UNIT-4 is designed to be lightweight and portable with a compact size of only 2.5kg. On a sound level, the wireless technology allows for wireless, uncompressed audio with just 16ms of latency.
The wireless audio has three different connection modes with Wireless+ ultra-low latency, Bluetooth and cabled options. The UNIT-4 is also compiled with glue, allowing for disassembly and component replacement whilst being made from 100% recycled plastic.
On a cursory glance, it’s straight from the AIAIAI playbook – reusability, recycled plastic, and sustainable production processes plus a continuation of their W+ Link technology, which began with the introduction of the TMA-2 Wireless+ headphones in December of 2021.
The key features of the UNIT-4
- Battery powered with 20H+ of playback time
- W+ Link ultra low latency wireless audio for music creation – only 16ms of latency, uncompressed audio and robust connection
- Complete wireless system free of both audio and power cables
- 2 way active monitor featuring a 4 inch high-excursion woofer and 1 inch silk-dome tweeter
- Precision tonal accuracy over a flat +/-2dB frequency response from 50Hz to 20kHz
- Bass vent and boosting EQ tuned to provide a clean bass extension down to 40Hz
- Abiliy to shape UNIT-4’s sound to your environment or preference using the AIAIAI app customisable 5-band EQ
- Size and weight of only 3 litres / 2.5kg
- Rear bass vent designed for carrying
- Removable steel grille to protect the woofer and tweeter
- W+ Link – use the X02 transmitter for low latency wireless music creation
- Bluetooth 5.2 – listen to music from your Bluetooth enabled devices
- Cable – connect directly via 3.5mm mini-jack and 6.3mm balanced TRS inputs
- Main components produced from 100% recycled plastics, from post-consumer sources
- Designed for disassembly in a glue-free design – take the whole speaker apart using two screwdrivers
- Replace worn-out components, including battery and drive units
- Future-proofed for new technologies with upgradeable wireless electronics
UNIT-4 ships from October priced £700 for a pair.
Find out more on AIAIAI.
Max for Live: Texture
Add texture simple to any sound. Simple an effective.
Max For Live: Mouth Play
Unconventional vocal shaping with a brass model or FM oscillator source
Max For Live: NerualWaves
Synthesizer fuelled by a custom neural network, forging waves with precision
Max For Live: The Spellbook
LFO inspired by sacred geometry, weaving nature's fabric into your projects
Max For Live: Travelogue
A Max for Live MIDI device creating a unique sonic journey with joyful surprises
Max For Live: Chance Engine
Add controlled yet random fluctuations to your most important parameters