To celebrate 303 day, it’s time to see who has the best acid house chops!
For this year’s 303 day, Attack has partnered with AudioRealism to host a competition and see who can create the best acid bassline using ABL3. The winner will be chosen by YOU!
There will be three winners for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Read on to find out how you can enter the competition and what’s up for grabs.
How to Enter?
- Step 1: Download a free trial version of ABL 3. The plug-in will be fully functional for the duration of the competition week.
- Step 2: Make your best acid house bassline using the plugin, and make the track a maximum of 30 seconds long.
- Step 3: Send your track to Attack. Use the contact form and add in the subject ABL COMPETITION.
- Step 4: Attack will choose the best 5 submissions internally.
- Step 5: Attack will publish the top 5 and ask the public to vote for the winners. The top 5 will be published on March 14th.
- Step 6: Attack will announce the winners on social media and the Attack website on March 16th.
What Do I Win?
- First place: Complete bundle including ABL3, ADM, ABL Pro and ReDominator worth £236
- Second place: ABL and ADM worth £183
- Third place: ABL3 worth £91
This competition closes on March 10th at midnight GMT. You have one week to complete your track and send it to us! Full terms and conditions are below.
Does it have to be acid house?
No! It’s being framed that way, but make a 303 inspired banger and you’re in with a chance regardless of genre!
Can I vote?
Yes anyone can vote when we publish the winners.
Can I do a remake?
No, it must be orignal. Sorry!
Can I use samples?
If you don’t have the right to distribute the file, we can not publish it to be in with a chance to be voted as a winner. Best avoid samples!
Bassline 3 is AudioRealism’s latest version of their acclaimed series of 303 emulation plugins. The plugin is a complete redesign from the previously released ABL2 and promises to be AudioRealism’s most authentic emulation to date.
Other than the improved quality of the emulation, ABL3 also features a brand new pattern edit view, allowing for easy programming, a real-time randomizer, a wave analyzer, the ability to import patterns from the TB-03 and the TD-03, a step record function (via Midi), and a vibrato effect.
Here’s a comparison between ABL3 and the TB-303.
Full Terms & Conditions
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Standard prize draw terms and conditions apply.
- Our competitions are open to anyone from around the world.
- Attack and / or AudioRealism are not responsible for any technical issues faced using AudioRealism plugins for the duration of the competition
- Entrants can only submit one track and not a work in progress
- All submissions must be received by midnight GMT on 10th March
- No purchase is necessary to win.
- The winners agree to provide a photo, by email only and will allow us to display it on the Attack Magazine website, social media and newsletters along with their first name and county or city of origin. Please send photos at the original size, we will edit them to the correct size. The photo must be of you and the prize with any text we provide. The winner must be visible in the photo with their face clearly in view. We may occasionally ask for a picture before the prize is sent out as recently we have had many winners forgetting to send us pictures.
- If the winner refuses to provide a photo their claim will be void and another winner will be selected.
- Winners will be announced on the Attack Magazine website or social media channels.
- Winners must claim their prize within set time limits, within one month of the winner being announced on social media and Attack Magazine.
- We are a UK-based company so all timings are at UK time.
- Employees of Attack Media Ltd or AudioRealism are not eligible to enter our prize draws.
- By entering this competition you agree to receive a newsletter from Attack magazine and AudioRealsim. You will, of course, have the option to remove yourself from either mailing list at any time.
- You cannot earn VIP points for winning prizes.
- Attack Magazine decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Download a free one-week trial of ABL3 here.
To get the full specs on ABL3 visit AudioRealism’s website.
Want to support us?
The Secrets of Dance Music Production
The world-leading book on dance music production. Comes with samples too.
Make Your Music Make Money
The ultimate guide to making the music industry work for you.
Replicants – Elektron Analog Rytm Sample Pack
Electro sounds for the Elektron Analog Rytm. Free your spirit.
The Producer’s Manual
Everything you need to take a mix, from initial recording to final master.
Prism – Digitone Sample Pack
Electronic sounds for the Elektron Digitone.