Think you know u-he? Think again….. Take part in a quick quiz that tests your ears and eyes for u-he and be in with a chance to win a u-he plugin of your choice! There are 3 plugin prizes to give away!
UPDATE! June 15th 2021. This competition is now closed. Entrants will not qualify to win but you may play for fun. Thank you.
In this month’s quiz, we’ve teamed up with long-time Attack favorites, u-he, to offer three lucky contestants the chance to win a u-he plugin of their own choice. Simply complete the quiz below and we’ll choose three winners from the best answers.
Since launching in 2002 as a solo operation, Urs Heckmann has slowly expanded u-he into one of the most respected music software companies around. Part of what makes u-he special is that you almost always get a sense of Heckmann’s personality in his soft synths and plugins. Perhaps it’s just because he’s happy to talk about his motivation for developing each piece of software, but there’s a real feeling that he believes in his products because they reflect his own tastes.
In the beginning, u-he was a part-time hobby for Heckmann, who worked as a university assistant at the time. Things changed in 2003 when he released the first version of Zebra, his much-loved ‘wireless modular’ synth. The success of that plugin allowed him to switch to software development full-time. He self-effacingly puts at least part of his success down to good timing: Apple launched the Audio Unit plugin format in 2002, and as an early adopter of the standard he managed to tap into the market of Logic and GarageBand users.
ABOUT THE PRIZES & HOW TO ENTER
U-he has kindly offered three, lucky winners, to choose a free plugin of their choice. From incredible Dave Smith emulations to brilliant FX plugins like Colour Copy, u-he has a sound arsenal capable of adding flavour to the most discerning of producer setups.
To enter, firstly just email in your correct answers (terms and conditions apply, see below). Please note that by submitting your answers, you accept the terms and conditions. If there are any questions please use the contact form to get in touch.
Competition closes June 7th midnight GMT.
UPDATE 8 JUNE 2021. This competition will now end June 14th 2021 at midnight GMT
TAKE THE QUIZ!
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Standard prize draw terms and conditions apply.
- Our competitions are open to anyone from around the world.
- The competition closes on 14th June at midnight GMT.
- No purchase is necessary to win.
- The winners agree to provide a photo, by email only and will allow us to display it on the Attack Magazine website, social media and newsletters along with their first name and county or city of origin. Please send photo’s at the original size, we will edit them to the correct size. The photo must be of you and the prize with any text we provide. The winner must be visible in the photo with their face clearly in view.
We may occasionally ask for a picture before the Facebook prize is sent out as recently we have had many winners forgetting to send us picture.
- If the winner refuses to provide a photo their claim will be void and another winner will be selected.
- Winners will be announced on the Attack Magazine website or social media channels.
- Winners must claim their prize within set time limits, within 48 hours after the winner is announced on social media and Attack Magazine.
- Attack Magazine will offer free delivery to all UK winners. If the winners are located outside the UK standard delivery charges will apply All delivery charges must be paid before the prize is despatched.
- If the competition allows you to select a prize of your choice please allow 21 days for delivery
- We are a UK based company so all timings are at UK time.
- Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any Prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
- Employees of Attack Media Ltd or u-he are not eligible to enter our prize draws.
- By entering any of our competitions you agree to receive our newsletter, you will of course have the option to remove yourself from our mailing list at any time.
- Winners are selected at random from all valid entries.
- The winners MUST be a fan our Facebook and Instagram page to be eligible.
- If your prize is returned to us through the post marked ‘undelivered’, through no fault of our own. You will be responsible for the delivery charge to cover the second delivery attempt before we can send your prize back out to you.
- Prizes cannot be returned for a refund or exchanged for other products, if the prize is broken or defective on arrival we will replace it with the same make and model where possible. If we are out of stock of that product Attack Magazine will pick a suitable alternative of equivalent value.
- You cannot earn VIP points for winning prizes.
- Attack Magazine decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.